Best Automotive Decal Application in Cedar Rapids IA
Mobile Auto Truck Repair Cedar Rapids
Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA: Are you looking for the Best Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA ? Mobile Auto Truck Repair Cedar Rapids, based company that specializes in large and small format vinyl graphic removal and installation. We attribute our success to excellent customer service and a passionate approach to our work. Cost? Free estimates!Send us a message Call today Best Automotive Decal Application Service around Cedar Rapids IA. We serve Cedar Rapids IA and other areas.
BEST AUTOMOTIVE DECAL APPLICATION SERVICE IN Cedar Rapids IA
AUSTIN AUTOMOTIVE DECAL APPLICATION
Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA:
Mobile Auto Truck Repair Cedar Rapids is a Cedar Rapids IA based company that specializes in large and small format vinyl graphic removal and installation. We can install full or partial wraps on cars, trucks, buses, trailers, trains, floors, walls, windows, and more!
Our customers benefit from our high-quality, cost-effective work delivered on time and on budget.
We’ve been in the business for over a decade, and have had the privilege of working with more than 50 different graphic printing companies located all over the Cedar Rapids IA. We attribute our success to excellent customer service and a passionate approach to our work.
At Mobile Auto Truck Repair Cedar Rapids, we believe that it’s vital to stay on top of current trends in the vehicle wraps business. That’s why we’re constantly learning, evolving, and creating better ways to serve our customers. So, whatever your project, give us a call. If you want to save time and cut down on hassle, we’ll even come to you and install your vehicle wraps or decals on site.
- Professional decal installation
- Professional decal removal services
- Bus wraps
- Car wraps
- Fleets re-branding
- Truck graphics
- Paint less color change on Cars using self-adhesive vinyl’s
- Window graphics installation
- Nationwide service
How to Apply or Remove a Car Decal
Car decals are seen on work trucks, semi’s, and business vans every day: on the road to their next job, on your street when your neighbor hires a plumber or pest control, in front of big businesses that called in a professional to fix an issue they couldn’t.
We see them everywhere because they are an effective, long-lasting form of marketing one that is easy to apply and to remove.
Below is your guide to everything you need to know about how to apply and remove car decals.
How to Apply a Car Decal
There are only five steps to ensure a proper application of your car stickers- whether they’re full window decals or are simply vinyl lettering.
Proper application of vinyl stickers ensures that:
- Your decals will stay on your vehicle as long as you want them to.
- They will not peel or weather.
- The decals will not have bubbles.
- They look professional and are not wrinkled or crooked.
Now, to get you started. Here is how to apply vinyl decals to car bumpers, windows, and everywhere else.
Step 1: Clean the surface
Cleaning the surface of the point where you will place your decal is important to proper adhesion. Without a clean surface, a sticker won’t stick.
The dirt will cling onto the adhesive backing without ever reaching the actual surface of the car, and will either slip straight off or will peel off much sooner than you want it to.
Step 2: Determine placement
It’s fairly easy to determine where on the car you want to place the decal- a well-viewed area is your best option.
However, deciding the exact placement will require a little measurement. First measure your decal, then measure the placement area to determine the center. This ensures the decal won’t be off kilter.
Pro tip: Mark the measurements/angles with painter’s tape.
Step 3: Peel
If the decal is shorter than the length of a forearm, you can peel off the decal’s entire backing to get to the adhesive.
If it’s larger, then only peel a few inches. This’ll make it easier to handle and keep the decal from picking up dirt.
Step 4: Apply
Using the tape markings as your guide, place one edge of the vinyl decal on the vehicle and begin to smooth it out with a straight edge, such as a paint scraper or credit card.
- Move slowly, sealing the vinyl to the car little by little.
- Press firmly, and smooth in one direction to get all the bubbles out.
- Keep the decal pulled tight as you apply to prevent bubbles and wrinkles.
- Slowly peel off more of the backing as you smooth out the decal.
- Pro tip: Make sure the vehicle is dry before application.
Step 4: Finish the job
- For the decal to have properly adhered, it must dry, preferably in sunlight.
- Let the decal sit before you touch it again. Once it’s dry, you can peel off the transfer paper and smooth out any bubbles you didn’t notice during application.
- To remove bubbles, use your straight edge to gently force the bubble towards the edge of the decal.
- Don’t use a blow dryer or other instrument to apply direct heat to the decal; this may cause it to melt or warp.
- Having decals on your car or company vehicle allows you to soak in all the benefits of low maintenance, a constant advertisement for as long as you want.
And when you don’t want them anymore, want to upgrade yours, or are refurbishing old vehicles and need to take their decals off, it’s just as quick and easy as the application.
How to Remove a Decal From a Car?
Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA: The ability to remove vinyl decal (and reuse them) is part of what makes them a smart choice for all businesses. It is a low commitment advertisement that can be upgraded and changed as many times as you choose.
But unlike the application, removal is less about the process and more about the method. Ideally, the method you choose should:
- Keep your vehicle from being damaged
- Keep the vinyl intact so you can use it again if you choose
- Remove all residue from the vehicle so there is no trace of the former vinyl.
- Not all of the methods listed below will keep your vinyl intact, but we’ve included them in the case that you don’t intend to keep your vinyl.
Method 1: Heat
As mentioned in the last point of the application process, heat tends to destroy vinyl. Direct heat from a hair dryer or heat gun is best for removing vinyl decals you don’t intend to keep.
- Move heat slowly over the edges of the vinyl until you see lift or bubbling.
- When you get a loose edge, slide the scraper under the vinyl and slowly work with the heat to lift up the rest of the vinyl.
Method 2: Peel
Sometimes, if a vinyl hasn’t been on the vehicle long, or if there are already loose ends, all you need to do is grab and gently peel.
Afterward, use an adhesive remover to ensure your vehicle is completely free and clear of all remnants of the vinyl.
Method 3: Water
If you really want to keep your decal intact, one of the best methods is to use a damp, warm rag.
To remove your car decal with this method, remember to:
- Wet a rag with warm water and rub it gently over the decal.
- Don’t keep the rag set in one spot for too long, otherwise, it could melt the decal.
- Wait until you see a lift in the vinyl. This might take some time.
- Once there is lift along the edges, use the scraper to help guide it off the vehicle.
Whichever method you choose, you’ll need to use soap or an adhesive remover afterward to ensure no adhesive is left behind.
Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA: Let’s start with the five application tips to help make the job of applying car decals easier.
Clean the surface before installing car decals
Educate customers on applying car decals. They should first clean the area where they want to apply the decal. If you apply the decal or sticker on a dirty surface, it will pick that dirt and grime up. So make sure the area is clean where you want to put your sticker or decal.
You can use soap or rubbing alcohol and water to clean the area. Glass cleaning products should not be used because many will leave a residue behind and will prevent the decal from adhering.
Decide on the location for the car decal
Before installation of car decals, customers should be certain about the location. Various options include the bumper, windows and other interior and exterior surfaces to give a stunning look to your customers’ car. Tires are another place to put decals which make the car look more attractive. To add a more personal touch and to give a modern look to your customers’ cars, install new tires and top them off with personalized decals.
When you have an idea about the area, stick it to the car with electrical tape so you can step back and see how it looks. You can move the position if you do not like it. Once you have an exact place, you can install the decal.
Peel the backing film away from the decal carefully
Peel the paper backing off the sticker. During this process, make sure not to touch the back of the decal because it could leave the dirt on your decal’s backside.
Position the graphic precisely
Place one side of the decal down and smooth it out to the other side until the decal is fully placed. It is important to remember not to remove the backing fully. Remove one-third of the backing and start to apply one-third of the decal to the area. Then slowly pull more of the backing until you have fully installed the decal.
Trim around any obstructions and remove bubbles
After applying the decal on the car you can trim around any obstruction and fenders with a razor blade. Make sure you keep tension on the film and remove bubbles by puncturing them and squeegee the air or water out through the hole.
What Vehicle Decals Cost?
Automotive Decal Application Service near Cedar Rapids IA: A simple car decal option which includes a company logo, website and phone number can range from $200 to $400 depending on the size of the decals. More complex decal graphics can cost $500+ as seen in the image to the right.
The Highway Use Tax Law requires a HUT or AFC decal to be affixed to each motor vehicle.
A HUT decal is required for each tractor and any truck that is required to have a HUT certificate of registration (C of R) to operate on Cedar Rapids IA State public highways and does not transport automotive fuel. The HUT certification and decal fee is $1.50 per vehicle. The fee includes both a C of R and decal for each motor vehicle.
An AFC certificate of registration and decal is required for each truck, trailer, semitrailer, or other attached vehicle that transports automotive fuel on Cedar Rapids IA State public highways. The AFC certification and decal fee is $1.50 per vehicle. The fee includes both a C of R and AFC decal for each motor vehicle.
Small vinyl graphics, like a company name, range in price from $20 to $50 installed. Medium door pillar trim decals cost between $60 and $130, while full paint protection film kits typically start at $1,500, including installation, Maharaj says. Full wraps are comparable in price to a high-quality paint job and typically last five years or longer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is my decal made?
All the decals are made using a vinyl plotter or cutter. The design or logo is cut into a sheet of colored vinyl using a swivel knife that moves back and forth on plotted lines translated by the machine into the design shape. We then add a layer of transfer tape (the clear or translucent part) that becomes useful in applying your decal.
How do I apply or install the decals?
Our decals are simple to install, even the large ones. Always clean your surface or window before applying your decals. There are a total of 3 layers to the product. 1)the transfer layer (clear or opaque part); 2)the vinyl decal (your design in your color); 3)the backing paper (white or blue part). Please see our Car Decal Install Instructions page.
How do I remove the decals?
You can use a razor blade on glass. See the Decal Removal heading found under the Car Decal Install Instructions page.
Where can I apply my decals?
Our decals are made with the intent on being installed on the exterior of car windows, however you may apply your decals to any smooth or flat surface. You can even apply them inside of a window. It is a good idea to position your decal in your desired spot first, using tape, prior to installing it. This will allow you to get an idea of what it will look like before you permanently fix it to your surface.
Will my windshield wipers affect my decals?
Not at all. As long as you cleaned your surface prior to applying your decal, then the decal should have no reason to not be securely adhered to your surface. It will be unaffected by your wiper blades.
Can the decals go through a car wash?
Definitely! Although you might want to wait a few days after applying the decal before the first wash.
What if I have air bubbles after installing my decal?
Not to worry. A day or two in the sun and they should come out on their own. You may need to help push them out with your fingertip. You can also use a pin to make a small hole and let the air escape.
How do I pay for my decals?
We accept secure payments through Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard) and PayPal.
CALL FOR US
- Automotive Decal Application Service Near Cedar Rapids IA
- Putting Stickers On Car Rear Window
- Applying Decals To Cars With Soapy Water
- Best Place To Put Stickers On A Car
- How To Apply Large Vinyl Stickers
- How To Install Large Decals On Car
- Decal Application Fluid
- How To Apply A Car Window Decal Near Cedar Rapids IA
- How To Apply Vinyl Decal
- Vinyl Decal Installation Cost
- How Much Are Decals For A Car
- Vehicle Decal Installation
- Car Decals
- Car Graphics Design For White Cars
- Average Cost Of Truck Lettering
- Car Graphics Stickers Online
- Truck Decal Design Near Cedar Rapids IA
- Town Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Swisher Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Walford Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Ely Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Norway Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Hiawatha Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Atkins Automotive Decal Application Near me
- North Liberty Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Robins Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Amana Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Marion Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Middle Amana Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Palo Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Toddville Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Mount Vernon Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Tiffin Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Newhall Automotive Decal Application Near me
- Homestead Automotive Decal Application Near me